Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Approximate Midpoint

Well, I'm approximately 1/2 done with this quarter of school, so I figure I'll give a little progress report. In Intro to Computers, I've been doing good, but we're having a debate on AMD vs. Intel next week. Current grade 99%. I'm also doing well in Math I, with a 98%. With Comp I, I should be doing better than a 91%, but I had a big 'slacker week' last week, so I still have one more assignment to catch up on yet, and also to do this weeks stuff.

In other news, I'm nearly done with The Story of Britain From the Romans to the Present: A Narrative History by Rebecca Fraser. Yes, I've been reading it for about a month and a half. It's quite interesting, but not the kind of book that I read 'straight through'. Not that I skip around in it or anything. I just set it down for a few days here, a couple there, and read/do something else. That's all I've got.

2 comments:

Anniina said...

Congrats, sounds like you're doing fab in school :) Would you recommend that book?

Mophia said...

Actually, I would indeed suggest the book. It's not exactly a 'history textbook' per se. But from everything I can gather it's accurate, and tells the story of Britain quite well. I'm reading The Great Wall of China by Robert Silverberg now, for the paper i'm writing in Comp I, and it's considerably more stuffy, but still interesting ;) I need to find a copy of Marco Polo's book now!