Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Church of Baseball '07 I

The Brewers made it through the first week 3-3. Ben Sheets had a complete game 2-hitter in the opener, but had a less than stellar game 5 days later. The offense scored as little as 1 run and as much as 9. They had games of perfect defense with amazing plays, as well as games with head scratching moves. All in all, a first week of the season type of week. So long as they keep up playing .500 baseball while they work out some of the kinks, they should stay in good position to make a run for the playoffs. I hope. In other news, the Cleveland Indians are borrowing Miller Park to play their home games in this week, due to the atrocious weather. I wish I could get down to one of them, because $10 for field level seats is a deal I'll probably never see again in my life. Pictured above is JJ Hardy, being congratulated by Prince Fielder on his home run on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Anniina said...

Wow, this was like trying to decipher one of the Dead Sea Scrolls for me - and even after a valiant effort, I've no idea what I just read :P I hope you get to go down to one of the games, too. *hugs*

Mophia said...

hehe. in short... the brewers are doing ok in spite of not playing perfectly. I hope so to. I'm working on goin down on my birthday with my dad again this year. (I did it 2 years ago).

Anniina said...

I don't know when your birthday is *shame*